What Happens During NYC Teeth Cleaning? – Dental Implant Center NYC
If you want the best smile, dental hygiene is essential. Regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing will help to prevent tooth decay. But you can’t do it all on your own. Professional NYC teeth cleaning addresses the buildup that brushing at home misses, and it can help to maintain a cosmetic smile that brings you confidence every day.
How is NYC teeth cleaning different from regular brushing, and how is it performed? Learn about this common treatment performed by the team at Dental Implant Center NYC.
Why Do You Need NYC Teeth Cleaning for the Best Smile?
Everyone wants the best smile possible. Professional NYC teeth cleaning can help you to maintain yours and sometimes cleaning alone is enough to give you a noticeable smile makeover in NYC.
Even with regular care at home, plaque and tartar can accumulate on your teeth. Everything you miss while brushing at home can be removed with professional NYC teeth cleaning.
When you have professional cleaning, you’ll get your best smile with help to prevent a range of conditions like gum disease, tooth decay, and discoloration.
While you might look at NYC teeth cleaning as a way to maintain the best smile, it’s also an important aspect of your functional dental care. Cleaning performed every six months can be combined with a regular dental checkup to check for tooth decay, problems with your bite, gum problems, and other common dental issues.
What Happens During Professional Teeth Cleaning?
At Dental Implant Center NYC, we’ll follow a detailed process to ensure that your oral health is protected so you can continue to enjoy your best smile.
- The procedure starts with an oral examination. We’ll inspect your teeth and gums for signs of decay and disease. We’ll also check the condition of your teeth to see how effective your home hygiene is.
- Plaque and tartar are removed through a process of scaling. Deposits are removed from the surfaces of teeth, including behind teeth and between teeth. Scaling can be performed manually or with an ultrasonic scaler.
- When plaque and tartar are removed, we’ll continue with deep cleaning and polishing. Brushing removes any plaque and tartar left behind after scaling. An advanced toothpaste formulation is used to scrub and polish teeth.
- Flossing removes debris and deposits from between teeth. Your hygienist can provide tips at the same time, based on how your gums respond to flossing.
- Your mouth will be thoroughly rinsed with sterile water before a fluoride treatment is applied to help strengthen and remineralize your teeth.
Professional cleaning takes between 30 minutes and an hour. You’ll be comfortable throughout the procedure, and we can schedule your smile makeover in NYC at a time that’s convenient for you.
Combining Cleaning and Cosmetic Smile Procedures
Professional cleaning is particularly important if you have had tooth veneers, dental bonding, professional whitening, or other cosmetic smile procedures.
It’s common to have cleaning and cosmetic smile teeth whitening in the same session. Professional cleaning after whitening treatment will ensure that you can maintain your cosmetic smile.
As a full-service dental office, Dental Implant Center NYC is the best place to get routine care like cleaning as well as advanced cosmetic smile treatments.
Do Dental Implants Require Professional Cleaning?
Dental implants and crown attachments or dentures do need professional cleaning, although the process can vary depending on the type of implant system that you have. Professional cleaning for implants can be combined with your regularly scheduled check-ups. Whether you have implants or natural teeth, you should book a routine dental examination and professional NYC teeth cleaning every six months.
If you have recently placed implants or dental issues that are currently being treated, your check-up schedule may be more frequent.
Ready for a Smile Makeover in NYC?
Even a simple cleaning treatment could give you a noticeable smile makeover in NYC. If you have cosmetic concerns, then you could also schedule a consultation at the same time as NYC teeth cleaning. You can get a complete smile makeover in NYC to address issues like gaps between teeth, discoloration, staining, etc. We also provide treatments like teeth veneers, bonding, professional whitening, and a range of functional treatments like white fillings, tooth implants, and more.
Dr. Spiro Condos and his team offer a detailed approach to treatment planning so that you can get a smile makeover in NYC with outstanding results. Book your consultation and professional NYC teeth cleaning today.