Prognosis of Dental Implant Treatment
September 15, 2021
Author : Dr. Spiro Condos
Prognosis of Dental Implant Treatment – Understanding Your Procedure
If you’re missing a single tooth or several teeth, dental implant treatment is one of the most reliable treatment options available to you. Dental implants in NYC replace teeth and roots for a fully functional and esthetic result.
At Dental Implant Center NYC, you can receive treatment from Dr. Spiro Condos, the most experienced and respected implant dentist in NYC. Learn about the prognosis of dental implant treatment with all of the steps involved.
Do You Need Dental Implant Treatment?
Dental implant treatment comes with a high success rate, making it one of the best ways to address tooth loss from disease, decay, or trauma.
If you have missing teeth, you are a potential candidate for dental implant treatment. Lost teeth compromise the esthetic of your smile, and the problem is progressive with tooth movement and bone loss likely in the years following tooth loss.
Dental implant treatment does a better job of stabilizing tissue and preventing long-term dental issues when compared to other treatment methods like traditional dentures and bridges. The most successful treatments are performed by the most experienced implant dentist in NYC.
A Breakdown of the Prognosis of Dental Implants
The prognosis of dental implants is the prediction or forecast of the progression of treatment. At Dental Implant Center NYC, we work to ensure a positive prognosis for every patient that walks through our doors.
The ideal prognosis of dental implants is successful treatment with a restored smile and stable dental health. Dental implants in NYC will:
- Restore the esthetic of your smile and address gaps left by missing teeth.
- Prevent the movement of teeth that occurs around lost teeth.
- Prevent bone atrophy of the jawbone, ensuring that hard and soft tissues are healthy and stable.
- Ensure that you have full functional use of both arches to make speaking, biting, and chewing easy and natural.
Titanium dental implants have a high success rate, improving the prognosis of dental implants. More than 95% of patients experience trouble-free implants within the first 5 years. Many patients enjoy the use of their implants for more than 20 years, and some still have healthy implants after 30 years.
Dr. Condos takes your oral health, the unique structure of your teeth and jaw, and any underlying problems into account to ensure the best prognosis of dental implant treatment.
Steps Involved in Having Dental Implants in NYC
The procedure for traditional delayed implant placement is carried out over several visits to the dental surgery.
- A consultation is necessary for dental implants in NYC. Dr. Condos, one of the best implant dentists in NYC, will evaluate your oral health and the unique conditions of your case, before making a recommendation on the best procedure for your unique needs.
- If you require extraction, this will be performed before implants are placed. Implants can be placed immediately after extraction with a good prognosis if there is sufficient bone in the jaw. If bone has been lost, you may require grafting to build up a stable foundation for implants. Grafts can take up to four months to fully heal.
- Implant posts are placed in a surgical procedure. They integrate with the jaw (osseointegration) and aren’t loaded until they have stabilized. Integration can take up to six months although this depends on the location of the implant and other factors related to your case. Permanent implants in NYC won’t be placed until the implant post has been integrated and is stable enough to accept biting and chewing force.
- Custom-made prosthetic teeth or dentures are installed as the final step. Permanent replacements can last for years although they aren’t as durable as the implant posts in all cases. Dr. Condos will provide his prognosis both in the early stages, and once the final restoration is placed. You will receive support with ongoing communication throughout your treatment with dental implants in NYC.
- Dental implants in NYC should be checked two to three times per year for maintenance. This will ensure the best long-term results.
You Can Avoid These Things for the Best Prognosis of Dental Implants
Taking care of dental implants is like taking care of natural teeth. Regular brushing and flossing are needed to remove embedded particles that could attract bacteria and irritate the tissue around an implant.
Avoiding smoking is essential. Smoking damages tissue and in addition to a whole range of health risks, it can contribute to gum disease and implant failure.
Very hard food like seeds, some nuts, and certain candy should be avoided to protect your implants and prosthetic attachments.
Visit One of the Best Implant Dentists in NYC
Dr. Spiro Condos is the leading implant dentist in NYC. He has decades of experience as a clinician and is a respected educator, training students and practicing dentists from the United States and around the world. He provides kind and compassionate care with a focus on your long-term health and wellbeing.
Everyone deserves a beautiful smile. For a positive prognosis of dental implants and the best care, visit Dental Implant Center NYC and get treatment from one of the best implant dentists in NYC.