August 28, 2021
Author : Dr. Spiro Condos
Peri-Implantitis Treatment with the Most Experienced Implant Dentist in NYC
Dental implants are the most effective method for long-term tooth replacement. While the risks associated with implants are low and rare, some conditions can develop over time. These must be treated early by an experienced implant dentist in NYC.
Dr. Spiro Condos provides the best implant care at Dental Implant Center NYC. With an experienced team and more than 30 years of practicing and educating, Dr. Condos can treat even the most advanced peri-implantitis cases.
Learn about the causes of this condition, the symptoms, and get effective peri-implantitis treatment from our expert team.
Peri-implantitis is a condition where inflammation develops around a dental implant. The soft tissues in the gum, and the bone tissue surrounding the implant are both affected.
Dental Implants in NYC can last a lifetime when carefully planned and placed, but peri-implantitis can occur (rarely) even when the best surgical procedures are followed. Identifying the problem early and receiving peri-implantitis treatment is the best way to protect your implant and overall oral health.
Understanding the symptoms and causes is your first step in receiving effective peri-implantitis treatment.
What are the Causes of Peri-Implantitis?
Peri-implantitis has a risk of occurring at any stage, whether that means shortly after implants are placed and healed, or years after receiving dental implants in NYC.
- Peri-implantitis treatment is needed shortly after receiving implants if the gum tissue surrounding the implant hasn’t adjusted and regenerated correctly. Effective planning with an implant dentist in NYC reduces and, in most cases, eliminates the risk of this occurring.
- Peri-implantitis treatment may be needed at any point after receiving dental implants if oral hygiene practices are ineffective. Food particles that accumulate between gums and implants lead to high bacterial activity that causes peri-implantitis.
Dental implants in NYC integrate with bone, just like a natural root. The gum surrounds the crown and top of the implant to create a biological seal. Any time that this seal is compromised, peri-implantitis can develop.
What are The Symptoms of Peri-implantitis with Dental Implants in NYC?
The symptoms indicating the need for peri-implantitis treatment are like those of gum disease. If you have developed peri-implantitis, you could experience…
- Red and inflamed gums surrounding a dental implant.
- A loose dental implant and crown (or unstable dentures).
- Pain and discomfort around the site of the implant.
- Bleeding around the implant when brushing teeth.
- A bad taste or pus in the mouth, caused by bacteria.
If you experience any of these symptoms with dental implants in NYC, you need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Condos immediately. Peri-implantitis can progress, leading to a more complicated treatment process, as well as extended discomfort and stress. Dr. Condos understands peri-implantitis and the most effective treatment methods to get your gums and implant healthy again. Trust your care to the best implant dentist in NYC.
Can Peri-Implantitis be Prevented?
The risk for peri-implantitis can be dramatically reduced in two ways.
- Always have dental implants in NYC planned and placed by an experienced and respected clinician. Dr. Spiro Condos is the leading implant dentist in NYC.
- Oral hygiene is essential for long-term dental health. Regular brushing and gentle flossing around a dental crown will reduce the risk of needing peri-implantitis treatment.
Smoking can increase the risk of developing peri-implantitis. Diabetes and osteoporosis, or other diseases that affect healing can also increase the risk. If you have a history of bruxism or gum disease then you will be more likely to develop peri-implantitis, so it’s important to consult with your clinician in-depth before deciding to have dental implants placed.
Get Effective Peri-Implantitis Treatment with the Best Implant Dentist in NYC
The symptoms of peri-implantitis can range from mild to severe. No matter the stage you’re at, you need effective peri-implantitis treatment.
Dr. Spiro Condos is a knowledgeable, experienced, and compassionate implant dentist in NYC. As an educator to dental professionals and students, he maintains advanced and innovative knowledge of dental procedures and planning. As a clinician, Dr. Condos has the techniques and attentive focus to ensure that all procedures are carried out effectively with a low risk of complication.
If you are considering implants and want the lowest possible risk of developing peri-implantitis, book your consultation at Dental Implant Center NYC. If you have implants in place and are suffering from symptoms related to peri-implantitis, you can get the best treatment from Dr. Condos.
Your oral health is important to maintain your lifestyle and smile with confidence. Healthy and stable implants ensure complete oral function so that you can perform the activities and enjoy the food that you love.
Dental Implant Center NYC is ready to answer any of your questions and schedule a consultation today.