IMPLANT VS BRIDGE
May 31, 2021
Restoring a Missing Tooth – Dental Implants in NYC vs. Bridges
If you’ve experienced tooth loss from decay or had a tooth extracted, there are two common procedures used for replacement. Dental implants in NYC and bridges are two options used to replace single missing teeth.
Dental Implant Center NYC provides dental implants in NYC and bridge treatments with Dr. Spiro Condos, a leading general and implant dentist. Learn about the differences between dental bridges in Manhattan, NYC, and dental implants, and make an informed decision for positive long-term results.
Understand dental implant crowns & bridges in NYC and contact the city’s best dental team today.
About Dental Bridges in Manhattan, NYC
Dental bridges in Manhattan, NYC are more affordable than dental implants in NYC because they don’t require surgery. The results can appear natural but aren’t as long-lasting as implants.
With dental bridges in Manhattan, NYC, you’ll enjoy benefits included:
- Insurance coverage is likely with most plans that include dental.
- There’s no need for grafting or surgery, so recovery time is minimal.
- Lower cost than dental implant crowns & bridges in NYC.
- The turnaround is fast, with the entire process taking around two weeks in most cases.
There are downsides to dental bridges in Manhattan, NYC, and these will need to be considered as you compare your options:
- Bridges need to be replaced within around seven years in most cases.
- Poorly formed bridges can damage surrounding teeth, so it’s important to choose the most reliable New York City dental bridges practice.
- Dental bridges in Manhattan, NYC appear to be less natural as they age.
New York City dental bridges are an effective method of replacing missing teeth, but there are other options to consider. Implants and even dental implant supported bridges are offered at Dental Implant Center NYC.
About Dental Implants in NYC
Dental implants in NYC are the gold standard for tooth replacement. Reliable and long-lasting, this form of treatment also produces an incredibly natural esthetic that will give you the confidence to smile every day.
Implants use a titanium post implanted into the jaw to simulate a natural root. An artificial tooth is then attached to the implant.
There are significant benefits available when choosing implants over New York City dental bridges:
- Implants can last 15 years and in some cases longer.
- They are more natural in appearance.
- They prevent damage to surrounding teeth and eliminate bone density loss.
- Implants can even support bridges if several teeth have been lost (see dental implant supported bridges in the next section).
With strong benefits, dental implants in NYC still have some downsides:
- Your insurance may not cover implant surgery
- The process can take up to six months to complete if grafting is needed to restore lost bone.
- Implants are more expensive than New York City dental bridges.
- There’s a risk of surgical complications, although these are rare when choosing Dr. Condos and his team.
Implants are popular because they are natural in appearance and function.
There is also one more option to consider, where dental implant crowns & bridges in NYC are combined.
Dental Implant Supported Bridges – A Hybrid Approach to Tooth Replacement
With dental implant supported bridges, prosthetic teeth are supported by dental implants rather than natural teeth and crowns. They’re useful when two or three teeth in a row are missing. With dental implant supported bridges, you can enjoy a more long-term solution.
Dr. Spiro Condos and his team may recommend dental implant supported bridges if you have an area of your mouth that needs partial row replacement, but where the jaw bone is weak or lacking density. By using two strong implants with a crown prosthetic between, it will be possible to replace the missing natural teeth with a solution that looks, feels, and functions like real teeth.
Because this procedure uses implants, there can be a significant amount of time between the initial consultation and the final solution. Preparation, surgery, and the healing process could take up to six months to complete.
How Do You Choose Between Implants and New York City Dental Bridges
The difference between implants and New York City dental bridges goes beyond cost and esthetic. There are functional reasons behind choosing particular restoration methods. Bridges may only be suitable for short-term treatment, so Dr. Condos and his team may recommend implants due to the more reliable and longer-lasting patient outcomes.
Dr. Condos will consult with you to provide all of the available options for your unique case and will offer his professional recommendation. Finance options are available for dental implant crowns & bridges in NYC that aren’t covered by insurance, so you will have access to the treatment that you need, with repayments that you can afford.
Dental Implant Crowns & Bridges in NYC – Begin Your Consultation Today
Dr. Spiro Condos is an experienced implant and restoration specialist. He is recognized as both a practitioner and educator in the United States and is the best surgeon to provide treatment for tooth loss.
If you need dental implant crowns & bridges in NYC, you can get started with your consultation today. Dr. Spiro Condos is your best choice for dental implants in NYC.