How Soon Will I Get My teeth?
How Soon Will I Get my Teeth? The Time Needed for Dental Implants
For confidence that gives you the freedom to pursue your goals, nothing comes close to dental implants in NYC. If you’ve lost teeth to decay or trauma, if you frequently suffer from infections, or if your old traditional dentures just don’t work how you want them to, it’s time to talk to the best NYC implant dentist.
Dr. Spiro Condos is available to begin the consultation process for options like full arch and front tooth implants. Before you even begin, you’ve probably wondered about the time needed for dental implants. Learn about dental implant placement time and the process from end-to-end in this simple guide.
Types of Dental Implants in NYC
The type of implants you need will in part determine how long the procedure will take with your NYC implant dentist.
The most common dental implants in NYC include:
- Conventional implants mimic the size and placement of natural teeth roots. Conventional implants are commonly used for all-on-four and all-on-six treatment.
- Mini-implants are smaller implants designed to take up less space and provide tooth replacement options that are less traumatic. Mini implants can be used for dentures or individual implants like front tooth implants.
- Implant Bridges use two implants to support prosthetic teeth. Bridges may use conventional or mini-implants.
Dental Implant Placement Time line
Everybody’s case is unique so the time needed for dental implants will vary depending on your needs. Any form of extraction and grafting will extend the dental implant placement timeline.
Typical surgeries for dental implants in NYC will proceed similar to the examples below:
- The dental implant placement timeline begins with your initial consultation. Examination, evaluation of your oral health (past and present), and X-ray or other image scans will be taken at this stage. The initial consultation period typically lasts one to two hours, depending on complexity.
- Pre-surgical appointments come after the initial consultation when you’ve decided to proceed with dental implants in NYC. An impression of the jaw and teeth will be taken so that prosthetics can be made in the lab. These appointments are quick, usually taking under an hour.
- Extraction may be needed, along with grafting to improve bone density in the jaw. The extraction itself usually only takes minutes, but surgeries can take up to two hours, depending on how many teeth will be extracted. Dr. Spiro Condos may introduce grafting and regenerative materials after extraction.
- Bone grafts typically need three to four months to work before implants can be placed.
- When your mouth is healthy and ready for implants, the dental implant placement timeline resumes, and Dr. Condos and his team will schedule your surgery. The surgery for placing implants is usually completed within two hours. Full integration of implants can take between four and six months. Healing caps and temporary prosthetics may be used as interim solutions, although each case differs.
Assuming you have strong and dense bone available, the time needed for dental implants could be as little as four to six months, including all consultations, surgery, and healing. If you need additional grafting, it may take up to ten months before the process is complete.
Full arch replacements that use full-sized implants will require the most prep, surgical, and healing time. You can consult with Dr. Condos, your NYC implant dentist, to determine the right type of implant treatment for your unique situation.
What If You Are Only Having Front Tooth Implants ?
Front tooth implants won’t take as long as full arch replacements. In fact, innovations in mini-implants mean that some procedures can be completed within a matter of hours.
The time needed for dental implants like front tooth implants can be as little as one day. Same-day implants are also known as immediate load dental implants in NYC. You may be able to get this type of treatment with Dr. Condos if you have good general health, a fully intact jawbone with normal density, and if you don’t have any current infections.
Consult with the Best NYC Implant Dentist to Learn the Time Needed for Dental Implants
Dr. Spiro Condos is one of New York’s most eminent implant surgeons who is both an educator and practicing clinician. To learn about the implant options for your unique case, and to get a complete breakdown of the time needed for dental implants, you can schedule your consultation today. With the best NYC implant dentist, you’ll have confidence knowing that you will get the best treatment using the most advanced materials and techniques.