How Important are Dental Aesthetics? Confidence in Your Smile
It’s easy to think about cosmetic dentistry in NYC purely for looks. This isn’t the case. Dental aesthetics and dental health are closely linked. Poor oral health and problems with your teeth can affect dental aesthetics. If you want the best smile, it’s important to visit a dentist in New York who understands the relationship between functional dentistry and dental aesthetics.
A radiant smile is universally known to project confidence and good health. If you want confidence in your smile, it’s time to learn more about dental aesthetics and your treatment options with your dentist in New York.
Cosmetic Dentistry in NYC
Dental aesthetics are the primary area of concern for cosmetic dentistry in NYC.
Treatments classified under cosmetic dentistry in NYC are designed to improve the appearance of your smile by treating issues with the teeth and gums. It differs from general dentistry or functional dentistry, where the primary focus is treating health concerns like cavities and infections.
Even though these are two different branches of dentistry, functional and cosmetic dentistry in NYC are closely linked. You can’t have one without the other. Even when considering a treatment as simple as a tooth filling, there is an element of cosmetic dentistry in NYC. The restoration should improve the health of the tooth, while also looking great.
Dr. Spiro Condos is a dentist in New York with extensive experience. Dr. Condos is an esteemed clinician and educator for dental implants. He has vast experience performing treatments related to cosmetic dentistry in NYC. Dr. Condos also performs functional treatments like extractions, tooth fillings, and the design/placement of crowns and bridges.
With a dentist like Dr. Condos, you can have treatments for cosmetic dentistry in NYC that also consider the health of your smile, and vice versa. With a treatment approach that considers dental aesthetics as much as the health of your smile, you’ll enjoy the best treatment outcomes.
What are the Most Common Types of NYC Cosmetic Dentistry?
If you’re concerned about dental aesthetics and don’t love your smile, NYC cosmetic dentistry is the best starting point. There is a range of treatment options available, many of which are relatively simple and capable of providing dramatic results in a short period.
NYC cosmetic dentistry includes treatments like:
- Teeth Whitening– One of the most popular forms of NYC cosmetic dentistry. In-office whitening allows for several shades of difference in just a single visit. The results are far more dramatic than DIY whitening products.
- Dental Veneers– A suitable treatment for the correction of tooth shape, size, and spacing concerns. Veneers are placed on the surfaces of healthy teeth to improve dental aesthetics.
- Invisalign– If your concerns with dental aesthetics are related to the shape and alignment of your teeth, an orthodontic approach may be necessary. Invisalign is a convenient treatment option where clear plastic aligners are used to gradually move teeth into their correct positions. This is a great example of where NYC cosmetic dentistry and functional dentistry are combined.
- Dental Bonding– Resin can be used to treat chips, superficial cracks, and minor issues with tooth shape and spacing. The resin will be bonded with teeth to shape and improve your smile.
Dr. Condos offers the most reliable NYC cosmetic dentistry, giving you the full and consistent smile that you deserve.
How Your Teeth Can Affect Your Mental Health
Aesthetics can have a significant impact on your state of mind and mental health. If your aesthetic concerns are so significant that they hold you back in life, then it becomes even more important to consider NYC cosmetic dentistry.
Your teeth play an important role in how you see yourself and even how others perceive you. There’s a significant psychological impact that can come from cosmetic treatments.
- You’ll feel more confident with an aesthetic smile, giving you more motivation and success in social interactions, relationships, and your professional work.
- Interactions with other people will be more positive, which can lead to better social outcomes.
- Depending on the severity of your aesthetic concerns, having cosmetic treatments can improve your overall mental well-being. You’ll have a stronger sense of self-esteem.
Cosmetic treatments with your dentist in New York can benefit your oral health even if this isn’t the primary treatment goal. Many patients find that they’re more attentive to their oral health with a stricter hygiene routine after having cosmetic treatment. It makes sense. When you have a flawless smile, you’ll be more motivated to maintain it.
Which Treatments for Dental Aesthetics are Right for You? – Visit Your Dentist in New York
Detailed planning with your dentist in New York is essential for achieving your aesthetic goals. Dr. Condos applies his vast knowledge of dental aesthetics and functional treatments to ensure that your smile is both healthy and beautiful. Learn about the best treatments for you and get help with your aesthetic concerns. Book your appointment at Dental Implant Center NYC today.