Benefits and Disadvantages of Oral Sedation
The Pros and Cons of Dental Sedation in NYC – Dental Implant Center NYC
For many people, anxiety surrounds a visit to the dentist, even more so when visiting for a major procedure. At Dental Implant Center NYC, we have a compassionate and careful approach to ensure that our patients are more comfortable. Dr. Spiro Condos has more than 30 years of experience and his friendly and empathetic chairside technique provides an experience that sets us apart from other dental offices. One of the ways that we can improve comfort for major procedures is through the use of dental sedation in NYC.
Dental sedation in NYC uses a carefully administered medication to help you relax when undergoing a significant treatment, such as dental implants in NYC. Learn why it is used, and examine the pros and cons of dental sedation in NYC.
Why Should You Consider Dental Sedation in NYC?
You might choose to have dental sedation in NYC if you have some anxiety surrounding the procedure and want to feel relaxed and comfortable with Dr. Condos and his team.
Dental sedation in NYC is administered in several ways and the effect can range from minimal sedation where you remain awake but relaxed, right through to deep sedation.
The type and extent of the sedation will be determined based on your health and the type of procedure. A particularly complex procedure for dental implants in NYC may require a heavier level of sedation.
Dr. Condos, the most experienced NYC implant dentist, will explain all the potential types of sedation and will recommend one based on the procedure.
Sedation Pros for Dental Implants in NYC
The benefits of sedation in dentistry primarily cover safety and comfort.
- Safer Procedures: Sedation results in safe surgeries. Because you’ll be more relaxed when having dental implants in NYC, Dr. Condos will be able to work efficiently.
- Pain-Free Dental Implants in NYC: Sedative medications are used in conjunction with local or general anesthetic to ensure that you have a pain-free procedure.
- Feel Calm and Relaxed: The primary goal of sedation is to ensure that you are calm and relaxed. If you have avoided treatment like dental implants in NYC because of fear and anxiety, knowing that sedation is an option can help you to make the best decision for your health.
Sedation is administered by fully licensed professionals, giving you complete peace of mind ahead of your dental surgery.
Sedation Cons for Teeth Implants in NYC
There are a couple of cons to think about if you are considering sedation for teeth implants in NYC.
- The Recovery Period: You’ll need someone to drive you home from the clinic after your procedure for teeth implants in NYC. As the medication wears off, you will have some minor physical impairment and will feel some grogginess and lightheadedness. This will wear off with rest at home.
- Longer Time in the Clinic: Sedation doesn’t work immediately, so you will be scheduled early so that we can administer the right dosage of medication and monitor you before the surgery begins, and immediately after. This adds to the overall time in the clinic and is something to consider before choosing sedation dentistry.
Ultimately, the downsides of dental sedation are minimal when compared to the advantages gained. If you are having teeth implants in NYC or another major dental surgery, sedation can help you to feel comfortable and relaxed. The teeth implants in NYC will be performed without complication, putting you in the best position for recovery.
Whether you need restoration with teeth implants in NYC or any other major procedure, you can take a step towards the perfect smile by contacting Dental Implant Center NYC today.
Sedation with an Experienced NYC Implant Dentist
When receiving dental sedation, choose an NYC implant dentist that you can trust. Dr. Spiro Condos is an NYC implant dentist with extensive practicing experience. He is a widely respected clinician and an esteemed educator. Dr. Condos has a relaxing and compassionate chairside manner. Much of your anxiety about a procedure can be eliminated simply by choosing the right NYC implant dentist.
Dr. Condos will take you through your entire procedure including any sedation that you have planned. His informative and detailed approach will help you to understand more about the details of your treatment, the procedure itself, and the intended outcome.
Always choose a respected NYC implant dentist to ensure the best cosmetic and functional results from implants or any type of dental procedure.
Book Your Appointment at Dental Implant Center NYC
At Dental Implant Center NYC, we are committed to the best patient outcomes. We make procedures more comfortable through our careful chairside techniques and options like dental sedation in NYC. If you have any kind of anxiety about dental work, talk to us first. Simply having a friendly and knowledgeable team for your treatment can help to give you peace of mind. Book an appointment at Dental Implant Center NYC today.