Are Dental Crowns in NYC Worth the Money? – Dental Implant Center NYC
November 22, 2022
There is a range of restorative options available to you when you visit Dr. Spiro Condos, your family dentist in New York. Dental crowns in NYC are commonly used to restore teeth that have been damaged by decay or trauma. Crowns can provide significant advantages but there may be more suitable options depending on your case. Cost is one of the most important things to consider when looking at treatment with dental crowns in NYC.
Are dental crowns in NYC worth the money? Learn more about this common treatment option so you can make an informed decision.
What are the Advantages of Dental Crowns?
It’s typically better to save an existing tooth rather than replace it, making dental crowns a common treatment for patients.
Crowns are applied to restore both the shape and function of teeth. They maintain space in the smile and ensure that you can speak, chew, and bite with ease. Crowns are applied to the tops of damaged teeth. The teeth require preparation with shaping and filing before the crown is permanently bonded.
The advantages of crowns are significant. Treatment will:
- Restore a tooth or teeth damaged by decay or trauma.
- Prevent further damage and decay.
- Protect a tooth following a root canal procedure.
- Strengthen and protect a tooth that has been cracked or broken.
- Improve the appearance and function of your smile.
Dental crowns are available in materials including porcelain and metal. Recently, zirconia crowns have become popular for their durability and natural esthetic.
Zirconia Crowns are the Most Durable Choice
There are practical benefits available when you choose zirconia crowns for your restoration. When asking if dental crowns are worth the cost, zirconia is one of the best examples to use.
- The durability of zirconia exceeds other materials. Crowns typically last at least 15 years. With an experienced dentist and a successful procedure, zirconia crownscould be maintained throughout your lifetime.
- The esthetic is natural when compared to other materials like ceramic and metal. Crowns made from zirconia have a transparency to the surface, closely emulating the look of natural teeth. Your crown restoration will perfectly fit in with the rest of your smile.
- There’s minimal preparation needed for the placement of dental crowns made from zirconia, so more of your original tooth will be left. This helps to ensure stability and durability, while also keeping the cost of the procedure reasonable.
Dental implants are ideal when you need restoration for teeth that are damaged beyond repair. However, in cases where your tooth can be saved, crowns will be the best option in most cases.
Considering Dental Crown Cost in NYC
Dental crown cost in NYC can vary depending on the material used and the complexities of the procedure. There’s no real “ballpark” range for treatment with dental crowns in NYC. Most treatments range from $1,000 to $2,500 when looking at Zirconia crowns, but these figures should be taken with a grain of salt. The only way to accurately learn about the dental crown cost in NYC is to book your appointment with Dr. Condos for a detailed case evaluation.
Once you do learn the dental crown cost in NYC for your case, you should consider how the durability of Zirconia crowns can offset the initial investment. Zirconia crowns can last beyond 15 years in many cases, so you’ll get a lot of value from the treatment.
The dental crown cost in NYC is typically more affordable than a dental implant to achieve a similar restoration, but this isn’t always the case.
Visit your family dentist to learn about the dental crown cost in NYC. Average prices that you read online aren’t always accurate, because there’s a lot more that goes into your dental care than just the material cost of a restoration. You can book your appointment with us to learn about treatment with dental crowns in NYC.
Choose the Best Family Dentist in NYC
Whether you need restoration for your own tooth or someone in your household, you need the best family dentist in NYC. With Dr. Condos and his team, you’ll get detailed treatment planning and the highest quality restorations. You’ll have confidence with a smile that is both functional and esthetic.
Book your consultation with the best family dentist in NYC and have confidence knowing that the treatment will be designed specifically for your unique needs. Dental crowns in NYC are worth the money in many cases. And, with the best family dentist in NYC, you’ll get an honest assessment and treatment recommendation so that the restoration suits your unique needs. Schedule an appointment today and enjoy the most detailed dental care in New York.