All on 6 Dental Implants
September 15, 2021
Author : Dr. Spiro Condos
Your Guide to All on 6 Dental Implants in NYC
Extensive tooth loss can lead to embarrassment, problems speaking and chewing, and a loss of bone in the jaw. Dental implants in NYC are the most reliable treatment for tooth loss. To replace an entire arch, top or bottom, you can have All on 6 dental implants in NYC.
Learn about the details and advantages of All on 6 dental implants in NYC and begin your consultation with Dr. Spiro Condos, the most experienced implant dentist in NYC.
The Basics of All on 6 Dental Implants
More than just the implants, All on 6 dental implants refer to a complete system where a permanent denture is attached to six dental implants placed along the jaw. This can serve as part of a full mouth rehabilitation to restore your smile, confidence, and oral function.
The implant posts for All on 6 dental implants in NYC are positioned across the jaw to distribute bite force. This improves the reliability of the prosthesis while also improving comfort and function. The placement of the implant posts is determined by taking digital scans of your mouth and the anatomical structure of your jaw.
All on 6 dental implants in NYC are typically used for the arch at the upper jaw, where the bone is weaker. If you need full mouth rehabilitation with implants and dentures, the bottom arch can often be restored with just four implants to distribute pressure and create enough stability for the prosthesis.
All on 6 Dental Implants in Manhattan are More Reliable Than Traditional Dentures
The prosthesis used for dental implants in Manhattan and the other boroughs of New York City is a type of denture. However, it provides significant advantages over traditional treatment.
To understand why All on 6 dental implants in Manhattan are increasing in popularity, you can first consider the downsides of traditional dentures.
- Dentures alone won’t address the ongoing issue of bone loss caused by tooth loss.
- The esthetic is not as natural as All on 6 dental implants in Manhattan.
- Dentures can move around even when adhesive cream is used.
- It can be difficult to talk with traditional dentures.
- The bite force is much lower than natural teeth or All on 6 dental implants in Manhattan.
- Some foods must be avoided altogether.
- More bacterial activity and an increased risk of gum disease caused by trapped food particles.
- Traditional dentures have moderate ongoing costs from realignment and maintenance.
Before implant dentistry was commonplace, traditional dentures were a fair but largely underperforming replacement for lost teeth. All on 6 dental implants in Manhattan are now offered at a reasonable cost and they are more convenient and better performing.
You can have implants placed by Dr. Spiro Condos, a leading educator and practitioner and one of the best implant dentists in NYC.
The Benefits of All on 6 Dentures for Full Mouth Rehabilitation
We’ve explored the reasons that traditional dentures are no longer preferred. Let’s consider some of the amazing benefits of implant-supported dentures for full mouth rehabilitation.
- All on 6 dentures can be used as part of the treatment for full mouth rehabilitation, completely restoring your smile on one or both arches.
- Care is simple with standard brushing and flossing, with regular dental checkups.
- Dentures for implants can be made from zirconia for an incredibly natural esthetic.
- Zirconia dentures resist staining from common foods and drinks like wine, coffee, tea, and berries.
Bone Grafting with one of the Best Implant Dentists in NYC
Candidates for All on 6 dental implants require sufficient bone in the jaw to support implants and dentures. If you have suffered from extensive tooth loss over several years, you might not have enough bone available to anchor implants.
Full mouth rehabilitation can address this with bone grafting. Dr. Condos, one of the best implant dentists in NYC, will perform grafting using efficient materials to regenerate the bone in your jaw. This is done before implant placement.
Building up the available bone will improve your long-term oral health and make you an ideal candidate for implants and dentures. The implants placed along the ridge will then minimize bone loss in the years following treatment.
Start with Your Consultation Today
If you need to replace a single arch, all teeth on the lower and upper jaw, or if you need grafting and full mouth rehabilitation, you can visit Dental Implant Center NYC.
Dr. Condos is one of the best implant dentists in NYC for All on 6 implants.
With All on 6 implants in NYC you can regain your confidence, smile with ease, speak freely, and enjoy the food and drinks that you love. Schedule your consultation with one of the best implant dentists in NYC today and have confidence knowing that you’ll get the right treatment, customized for your unique needs.