A Complete Guide to All on 4 Dental Implants – Dental Implant Center NYC
August 15, 2022
If you’re missing a full arch of teeth or if your teeth are heavily damaged or decayed, your implant dentist in NYC can recommend All on 4 dental implants as an effective treatment option.
All on 4 dental implants look natural. They feel amazing. And, they provide the function of a full row of natural teeth. As you explore your options with the best implant dentist in NYC, consider how All on 4 dental implants can help with this complete guide.
The Key Advantages of All on 4 Dental Implants in NYC
Compared to traditional implants or dentures, All on 4 dental implants in NYC provide a range of major benefits.
- Cost Efficient Tooth Replacement –All on 4 dental implants in NYC are a relatively recent development in the dental field. They are designed to be efficient in both their technical performance and their cost. Because the system uses four individual posts rather than an implant for every missing tooth, the costs are streamlined. If you want a more affordable way to permanently restore your smile, All on 4 dental implants in NYC are ideal.
- They’re Easy to Care For – With All on 4 dental implants in NYC, you can enjoy a solution that’s easy to maintain and care for. The denture system is permanently attached to the implants and you can care for your teeth just like you would with your original natural teeth. You’ll need regular checkups with your implant dentist in NYC, similar to single implants or other systems.
- The Surgery is Less Invasive – Replacing several individual teeth in the mouth would require an implant post for every missing tooth. This can result in an overly complicated and invasive surgery with a longer recovery time. With just four implant posts, the surgery for All on 4 dental implants in NYC can be completed in a few hours as a routine procedure. Healing time typically lasts around six months, but a temporary denture can often be placed during this time.
The Materials Used for the Dentures with All on 4 in NYC
At Dental Implant Center NYC we work with the best denture materials to ensure that your smile appears natural while offering durability and the function of organic teeth.
After the treatment, you’ll be fitted with temporary acrylic prosthetics. These look great and are suitable for the healing period after treatment with All on 4 in NYC. Acrylic prosthetics aren’t as long-lasting as other materials but they’ll make you much more comfortable while your permanent dentures are made in the laboratory.
When it comes to the permanent replacements, there are two main materials used for All on 4 in NYC.
- Zirconium – This material is one of the latest developments in restorative dentistry. Although this is the most expensive option, the durability and aesthetics are excellent. Zirconium is stronger than porcelain and the latest production techniques ensure a very similar look with a natural sheen similar to organic teeth. Dr. Condos will provide an estimate for Zirconium prosthetics for All on 4 in NYC.
- Porcelain – Porcelain is another great choice for permanent dentures attached to All on 4 in NYC. Porcelain isn’t quite as strong as Zirconium but still offers a similar function to natural teeth. The key advantage of porcelain is the look. Layers on the surface create a translucent appearance just like natural teeth. With porcelain dentures and All on 4 in NYC, your smile will look beautiful, bright, and nobody will know that you’ve been treated with implants and dentures.
You’ll have a chance to compare the cost and technical properties of different materials when you come for your consultation with the best implant dentist in NYC.
How is the Treatment Planned by Your Implant Dentist in NYC?
At Dental Implant Center NYC we use the most advanced scanning methods to ensure that your treatment is effectively planned and performed. This includes 3D-CT scanning to build a complete digital representation of the structure of your mouth and jaw.
The All on 4 system uses four implant posts distributed across the upper or lower jaw (or both for whole-mouth restoration). These posts are strategically placed to ensure stability and even distribution of bite force. The implant posts also help to maintain bone structure and strength, a major advantage over traditional dentures.
If you have diseased or damaged teeth in the jaw, these will be extracted before the implant placement surgery. Surgery typically takes around one hour per implant. A temporary prosthetic will be placed by your implant dentist in NYC after the surgery. Fitting of the permanent prosthetic will occur after your implants are fully healed.
You’ll be provided with a detailed treatment plan including postoperative care notes.
Book an Appointment at Dental Implant Center NYC
All on 4 dental implants will restore your smile, your confidence, and your full ability to bite, chew, and speak clearly. For many patients, the procedure is profoundly life-changing. For your best smile yet, book an appointment for a consultation at Dental Implant Center NYC. The compassionate and detailed approach of Dr. Condos will give you confidence from the moment that you walk through our door.